SAU VIC - Club Background
SAU VIC was created by a group of Skylines Australia Members to form the official VIC state based chapter.
It was intended to bring Men and Women with a common interest together to share their passion, the Nissan Skyline.
It would also provide us with the ability to organise official events, meets, technical days, social events and motor sport events.
With an official state based chapter formed the club set out to organise its CAMS affiliation.
For its members this is the cheapest way to obtain a CAMS license (required for 95% of track based events).
Essentially the formation was to enable people with a like-minded passion for Nissan Skylines to share their enjoyment with others.
The principal direction of the club is based around social interaction with its members.
So it (with hard work and determination) provided a way to meet people who share common interests and to make new friends.
The formation of a club also meant the ability to experience and enjoy these cars on a more sporting level with track and other motor sport events.
As the origins of the club are based online, the forum is still the main method of contact but all important events are noted in our newsletters.
SAU VIC - Membership offers you the following
- Qualify for CAMS membership - In order to get your CAMS license you must be a member of a CAMS affiliated club. (SAU Vic pays an annual fee to CAMS in order to offer CAMS membership application)
- 2 x SAU VIC car stickers
- SAU Lanyard - A fashionable SAU Logo and URL lanyard to hold those important keys
- More PM space - The ability to store upto 400 PM's on the forums
- Access to SAU VIC locked member section - This area offers us a secure section where we can discus our events etc. This section includes sponsorship benefits, discounts, exclusive events and special offers
- Exclusive discounts and deals - Our sponsorship offers many deals and promotions through our list of sponsors and supporters. As SAU VIC grows as a club so will the member benefits.
- Exclusive prices on SAU VIC merchandise - There are products available at the moment including Polo shirts, Stubby Holders, URL stickers, SAU VIC Stickers, Event DVD's, Jackets and many more. These are offered to SAU Vic members at discounted rates and some are only available exclusively to members.
- End of year Christmas BBQ and other events - With the money raised by things like shirts and fundraisers BBQ's will be put on for all SAU VIC members. Our major BBQ is the Annual end of year Christmas BBQ (also our Show n Shine) with free snags, salads, drinks etc for all members.
AU VIC - Members Only events
- Annual Great Ocean Road cruise
- DECA Motorkhana series
- SAU VIC Track Championship series
- Drag days
- Dyno days
- Social Events
- Driver Education
- Technical "Workshop" days
SAU VIC - Joining
Ready to join the club? Head over to our membership page.
As SAU VIC is a registered business and a non-profit organisation, this means our events must have public liability insurance.
These events can be covered by our CAMS liability insurance (included in your membership fee).
This is not to be confused with your personal "car" insurance and coverage.
Everyone is Welcome to join SAU VIC. You don't have to own a Skyline to become a member.
We have a large array of members who for either the social, motorsport or other reasons have joined the club and we are happy to welcome everyone.